WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Monday 27 November 2017

Lori's Page Preparation


Page prep...in the past I have tried to make pages ahead of time and it just hasn't ever worked for me. I am never happy with it once I add the photos to the page. Not only that, but I'm never quite sure what we're going to be doing on most days, so I have learned to make my actual pages as I go along. Now that doesn't mean that there's nothing to be done. Here is my idea of page prep:

 One evening was spent stamping out some labels and images and fussy cutting them out.

I also took some time to write out some words and phrases that I knew I could add to my pocket cards and photos and printed them out.

I spent about an hour die cutting shapes to be used as is and also to make my own embellishments out of.

Since I am making my own pocket style cards to go into my album, I cut down several of the 12x12 papers into 6x8, 6x4, and 3x4 cards - all ready to be embellished.

This is always the part that takes me the longest when I am making a layout - the cutting down the papers and die cutting shapes to use. I am so glad to have this part of the process done.

Here are all of my die cut pieces just ready and waiting to be made into embellishments and added to my pages. Now all I have to do is grab this container and get to work!

I guess for me the hard part is done and I am looking forward to putting my pages together. December 1st is just a few days away. Are you all ready? We would love it if you shared your process and December Daily with us. Just leave your link in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Lori... it all looks sooooo pretty all placed together! There's something about grouped embellishments ready to go!! Yes...not long now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome prep work Lori all ready to get started great idea doing up the words and making your own word stickers for your pages and looking forward to seeing what you create with those pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lori, you have done an amazing amount of preparation...so looking forward to seeing your pages, looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have craft as I go... no pre-prepped pages for me as I don't know what I will be in the mood to scrap or how until I actually do it! But I get how helpful pre-prepped pages can be!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....