WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Friday 1 November 2013

Introducing the Design Team (Enablers!)




Who's interested or even just thinking about creating a December Daily?
What is a December Daily?
 It's a handmade mini-album with a page for every day up to the 25th in December (or 26th or even till the 31st - your choice!)  in any size you would like. 

A photo a day! (did i hear you say???).... weeeell, it doesnt have to be a photo a day - it could be thoughts or a ticket... or a recipe, a shopping/grocery list, a hymn/song you heard - a list of things to do/ santa's list....anything! 
Have you got any ideas how you are going to approach it this year??  Or, have no idea so will wait and see?   
Are you going to pre-plan and set the whole album up beforehand - OR are you going to do it day by day in December?
What things do you like to include??
We would LOVE for you to add your thoughts/links here in the comments section so we can share and learn!!
 AND if you have anything extraordinary to show, or find you have any ideas that will help us all gain insight into our December Dailys - then we will showcase them here!

We will have Mr Linky set up to so you can add your link as we go along with 'show and tell',  then anyone visiting here can visit you to see what you are creating.
Let's be as interactive and encouraging as possible!


About us....?
 There are three of us....
Julie, Deb and I (Mandy) who have been on the December Daily journey together for the last few years....and it only felt natural for us to do 'Let's December Daily' together too!  We tend to have different approaches and we have all learnt what to do/not to do next time.... and even then we change our minds!


Let's introduce
 I've been scrapping and card making for about 10 years now and love the process of playing with my stash to create lasting memories. After seeing a few of Mandy's December Daily albums I started creating them two years ago and have learnt a few things along the way.

My first album I pre-planned my pages. I really struggled with it and wasn't all that happy with the end result so I now no longer pre-plan.

My second album ended up being affectionately named the "Pregnant Brick" (giggle).  I just couldn't not add in my favorite flowers and was very chunky. So this year I am going to try and not use too much of the lumpy bumpy stuff. I'm considering a different approach which I will share with you later on.

I fell in love with the colours of the Teresa Collins Memorabilia range and that along with a few other bits and pieces is going to feature in this years December Daily.
 




And here's

Hi!  I'm Deb and looking forward to sharing with you the making of my 3rd December Daily album. I remember admiring Mandy's December Dailys each year and thinking to myself what would I find to photo/record every day in December.  But I decided to give it a go and now look forward SO much to creating mine each year.  AND it IS easy to record something every day.....makes you look at the little things.  I love looking back through my previous albums when I put them out, usually on 1st December each year along with the other decorations.
 
My last two were mainly based on the more traditional Christmas colours - reds/greens but this year I want something different.  SO I've decided to go with pastels or at least pastel -y.  
  The first December Daily I made, I pre-planned the pages.  It is quick during the busy December month just to pop in a pic and a bit of a story but I under estimated what and how many photos I would take and things I wanted to record and decided it wasn't for me.  Now I prefer to make my December Daily my main scrappy project throughout December and scrap a page pretty much each day.  Here's a little sneaky peak of what I have planned. 
 





   December is a wonderful time of year, yes its busy, and yes its the silly season, Christmas is very much looked forward to in our family.
This will be my 5th December Daily and like Deb and Julie cant wait to get creating! I've mostly made my Dec Daily as I've gone along in the Christmas month,  except one time....two years ago and decided to pre-plan,  and I'm afraid that I spent more time rearranging those pages in December than I would have if I'd not pre-planned it - so I'm also a 'creater-as-I-go-along'.  
This makes our new blog here a little lopped sided when it comes to 'Pre-Planners' so we are hoping to see if any of you are as we'd love to show your work!  Its not a DT call... its one of 'please share with us on behalf of our pre-planning scrappy friends.  
We have learned on our December Daily journeys that everyone needs to create how, whatever and whenever their process takes them.
My December Dailys have been a mixture of cardboard covers with transparent overlays, a couple of canvas ones and of all different shapes and sizes.   I put them out every year on the coffee table when my decorations and tree go up, and the 'oooohs', aaaahs' and 'I remember that!' of friends and family as they reminisce are so rewarding, rewarding enough to keep doing it every year.
At Christmas' end, the mini-albums are packed up with the decorations and put away for another reveal next year.
Here's a look at some of the products that will make up my December Daily - really exciting!


We hope you've enjoyed a peek into whats in store... we will be updating often!
ANd some of it may be your work!

One more thing....
so we can encourage a wonderful little community here...
a prize....
a random number pulled from a hat and matched to the followers...
to win this chipboard prize and bits....
You need to be follower -the gadget  on the right hand side bar with the photos (doesnt include 'follow by email' as thats impossible to match a number)
It will be drawn on Monday 11th November!
Good luck!



Dont forget to pop our badge and link on your blog too!
http://letsdecemberdaily.blogspot.com.au/

Mr Linky will be put up soon for our 'Pre-Planners' pages
AND 'Covers' for both 'Pre-Planners' and 'Create-as-you-go' December Scrappers




1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Not sure if I can jioin though, but still love it nevertheless :)

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....