WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Sunday 17 December 2017

Mandy's Days 8 - 16

 

 This time I have a big catch-up on pages to show....
Feels good to be up to date (big smile!)

DAY 7
 A bit of a play with Inka Gold (Violet and Mint Green) and some old Prima masks
that had been buried in my stash.  They suit the 'Flapper' era of the party
It kinda turned out a bit messier looking than I hoped, but still, the Inka Gold is fabulous against black backgrounds.    The stars are actually silver, but I think the the reflection in the camera shot changed the colour a bit.

 The masks each had an oval and a square solid part to them (like the sign part)
but I snipped them off so the photos could 'hang' there instead

It was actually quite fun dabbing in the colour

 And,  added in some flowery diecuts to boost the purple on the page a bit
(I dont actually have a lot of purple!)

 ---------------------------------------

DAY 8

This page is a bit of a fun one...both for Paige and her antics, and for me finding just the right stamps and expression to use!  


 Remember all  the pages I took out of this art journal (both because there was too many, and I wanted to take out some bulk so I can add in some lol!)
Weeeeell, it has come in very handy to stamp on and cut out, so matching up the cardstock...it just disappears into the background.   I've used Viva 3D Stamp Paint  Its more like a paste and it dries hard, almost like chalk.  I love it!   I've also begun to miss not scrapping Christmas. Everything this December so far has been about everything else but!   So managed to add quite a bit of it here!

This washi tape has some great expressions on it, so cut out the ones that worked.


Lumiere paint would have to be a favourite (I've tried others and more lately Dylusions.. but I still come back to this or older brands) Santa needs a little colour!

Ages ago, I bought a heap of colours in 'Smooch' (it looks like fingernail polish - but isnt)
And really have begun using it heaps in this album.  Here I've used the 'Shabby Pink'
for Santa's nose!


And using my Jelly Roll 08 White pen, I've drawn in little squirly circles
Santa's beard, and cuffs - quite a bit of fun!


I think Paige is going to laugh when she sees this page!


 -----------------------------------------------

DAY 9

This was quite a simple page to do...
It was the travelling home day... so some BoBunny Emoji Dies expressed how we were feeling about each part of the day...

 These are fabulous... there are all kinds of funny expressons in the packet!
Something I think will but used quite a bit!

 ------------------------------------

 DAY 10

Again, I started to feel like I was steering away from Christmas scrapping.. and kept looking at my lovely Christmas stash just itching to be used...


.......So reached a compromise for this page... and dug out some very old Basic Grey Wassail Stickers!  It works... it feel old-worldly, enough for a 65th wedding anniversay!

------------------------------

DAY 11

 At last some Christmas scrapping!
I always love to add in my pets.  Each year I wonder if our dear cat will still be with us. 
And as I look back on previous December Dailys, I see his portraits and so glad of them.


 Because this was a fairly plain page, these little bright red glittery stars helped 
brighten things up

 -----------------------------------

 DAYS 12 &13

A double page with some mixed media and masking...
Another pet appearing in her 7th December Daily!
She loves posing for that perfect Christmas pic (unlike the cat!)

Some more of the Inka Gold - Yellowgreen and Lavared
with a Tim Holtz mask

It was really easy to make the imprints and the colour vibrant against the black



-------------------------------------------

DAY 14

Not the best pic in the world, but its one of those photos that dont happen very often where the camera is grabbed and 'click'.  But its lovely to me as I suspect this may be the last December Daily my precious cat will be with us.  This is just a simple little page.

I loved this stamp the minute I saw it,  but..... my cat is black so a little adjustment had to be made.

First, stamp it with the Viva 3D Paint onto black card, and then colour in the dots
with my Smooch 'Tuxedo' paint.... and it worked a treat 

It's still drying here.  (Smooch does take a little time to dry)

 ------------------------------------------

 DAY 15

This was such a fun page to do..... especially with some PaperArtsy stamps

 Smooch worked so well.. it is vibrant against the black too...
Applegreen, Kiwi, Illuminate, Firecracker and Siren

 Did a bit of shading to give it some dimension

 ------------------------------------

 DAY 16

 And our little Sparrow, this is her 4th December Daily!  But she's hard to photograph as she's so fast.
She landed on my computer, I grabbed the camera, but I didnt like what was on my screen at the time to put in my album... so........


 ........ so I cut it out... and thought it would be a bit of fun to put something else there

Some more stamps, and 3D stamp paint...


 And some old Making Memories Paint to colour it all in

 Worked!

----------------------------------

Phew, all caught up!

Leave a comment and let us know how you are going!




1 comment:

  1. Loveeeeeee these pages!! That PAIGE page is HILARIOUS! I loveeeeeeeee that!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....