December has finally arrived and I'm super excited to finally make a start in my
December Daily Art Journal.
You may remember my first introduction page was a continuation of the cover............well this is how it looks after I have done my Dec 1 page. I had torn a strip off the right hand side of the page to allow the December 1st page to peek out.
and then turn the page over to Day 1..........
Now I have tried to do a photo transfer a few times before with VERY poor results so I was a bit scared to try this straight into my journal but in I went and the result isn't perfect but waaaayyyyyy better than previous attempts.
Firstly I reversed the photo taken of my outside Christmas tree and printed it out on plain paper on an inkjet printer. Then smeared a coat of white glue onto my journal page and placed the photo face down into the glue and smoothed it out and left it to DRY. I think this may have been the reason for my failures before - not letting it dry enough (I'm sooooo impatient). I then spritzed it with water and began rubbing it back and finally my photo appeared.
So I painted in the grass and sky and my next step was to make sure the "oday" matched up with the "T" from the previous page and that the "monday 1st" was going to peak out when it was turned back to the previous page.
With this done, I could then start adding the little extras and my journalling which is all about how much our outside tree has grown since last year.
THEN it was on to what I am going to refer to as my "in-betweeners" - pages that I will do in between the days - either memories from the past or something Christmas related.
So I thought this would be an appropriate time to include a memory of our family Christmas tree when I was a little-y (a long time ago).
The background was done by stamping with a scratches stamp with stazon ink first and then using my inktense blocks - firstly the green and blue for the tree and pot and when that dried the mustard applied in patches. Simply just wet a paint brush and rub it on the block and paint away. I gives such a gorgeous watercolour effect and is soooooo easy.
I went over the tree and and other areas with some cold tea......that's how I got the brownish bits. Then a good splatter with a mist. I did some strip journalling on tea stained paper added some more stamping and some rub ons and some more splatters. The outlining of the tree was done with the edge of a stazon ink pad.
How is everyone going with their December Dailys..........we would for you to share them with us.