WE'RE DOING DECEMBER! Whether you pre-plan your December Daily or create as you go along in the Christmas month; make your own covers or decorate ready-made ones, use Project Life style with plastic sleeves and pockets or create your own pages. Maybe you havent made one before and ask 'I cant think what I'd fill a page with everyday?' We'll help with that! Whatever your style we'd love to see it! Here you will find a seasonal blog open from 1st November to 31st January each year. We hope that this will become a wonderful resource of sharing, prompts and inspiration. What is a December Daily? Its a mini-album recording your daily memories capturing the spirit of December. Bring it out with your decorations each year and remember Christmases past. Scroll down on the right side bar and you will find past December Daily albums of each Designer. Check their 'journey' link too, this will give you some great tips and scroll a little further down and you will see the albums categorised into types for easier searching :) Now - 'Let's December Daily'!

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Deb's December Daily Kit and Ideas.





After making the decision to alter my Little Golden Book called "Christmas Carols", I knew I wanted to let the gorgeous illustrations in the book be the centre of it all.  So with that in mind, I have decided to keep any pages that I add fairly uncluttered so as not to distract from the original book pages.  The plan is to use mainly plain cardstock for the base of the added pages and I've found a few different patterned papers that I think will fit in well to embellish with.  I'm not planning on adding any Christmas themed patterned paper to the book at all although I did pop one piece I had in my stash into my supplies box.  (Just in case I change my mind).   


I'm still undecided as to whether I want to "age" anything that I add with inks etc or to keep it all bright and new looking.......having a mix of a "worn" with "fresh and new" appeals to me at the moment.  We'll see how I go..........clean and simple is not something I'm good at but I am going to try.  So at this stage, I have only gathered some basic supplies to start this year's December Daily.  I'm thinking the less I have in the supplies box the easier it might be to keep it simple.   The more I put into the box the more I will want to keep adding to the pages lol.   

This is what I have ready to go and as you can see here, the pages in the little book are just delightful so I really hope I can stick to the plan of letting them still shine.  

Roll on December so that I can give my Little Golden Book a "new life". 


In the meantime, we'd love you to share all your process and December Dailys with us
HERE


We'd love to see them!

 


4 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to see how it all pans out, going to be very special for you this year! 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane.......I'm really looking forward to altering this little book......it is very special.

      Delete
  2. wow, love your stash and extra love those two pages in your little book on display- what a wonderful thing to create with!! Exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm EXCITED..........I just love looking at the gorgeous pictures in my little book.

      Delete

Any thoughts? We'd love to know them, please share.....